Sunday, September 03, 2006

The need of self learning

In the competitve and ever-changing world that we find ourselves today, its almost impossible to survive if one doesn't keep learning and improving in what ever field that we may work in.


Well, its not exactly true now is it?

But I keep feeling that the only person to excel is the one who keeps himself aware of the ever upcoming technologies, tools and items that makes the job that he/she is expected to perform, both easier and faster at the same time. I need to learn the new technologies and techniques that are hitting the market in the field of software to ensure that I dont get obsolete. But there is a flipside to this argument.

If you are good at something, why not master it? Why just be a Jack, when u can be a King. Why not rule your space and be content. Because everyone was to be the master of what they do. And masters are always looked upto by the commons.

This brings us back to the initially point, should a person strive to keep learning or should he stop after a while.

I think one should do the former, and so does everybody I know with whom I've talked to about this.

But, sometimes I wonder, when do we make peace with ourselves, when do we stop running?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL..well somneday we all hope to stop running...and just sit and enjoy things....a day like that might never come but we keep running in the hope that it WILL COME...
Till then KEEP RUNNING...and blogging

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com