Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Simple

I watched Forrest Gump for the nth time today. Still can't seem to get the word's of Tom Hanks, intruducing himself as 'I'm Forrest, Forrest Gump', out of my head. Or any of the other simple but great dialogues from the movie like, 'My mama says, Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.' or 'If you're ever in trouble, don't try to be brave. Instead run!'.

Sometimes these special sequence of words make more sense than other times. Sometimes, you can relate to something that happened sometime that day, week, or even year, with some of the scenes and dialogues from a film. And thats what touches you more than just the performance. I sometimes feel that the best actor is the one, who in between his performance in the film, can make every one in the audience, even if for a very small time, go back in time and relate to the actor's position and frame of mind, with himself. Great actors always have been and will be able to do that more than the others.

Anyways, while watching this movie, as much as thought how much I would like to be satisfied and happy, the truth is, I am far from it. And I don't even know what, if anything, will ever make me stop running, and finally say 'I am tired now. I think I'll go home'.

Those are the words I wish I will be able to say to myself someday. And say so without an ounce of regret or dissapointment in my eyes. The day I can do that, is the day I'll retire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com